NorthStar is a 2 year training program focused on helping people grow in walking with God intentionally by developing their…
– Character: Trainees develop character in NorthStar as they are challenged to complete every piece of the program while actively choosing God’s values over the world’s values. Character is developed through…
– Experiential training meetings.
– 1×1 and small group coaching.
– Hands on ministry experience.
– Knowledge: Trainees grow in knowledge through reading, watching videos, answering reflective questions, interactive training
meetings, and seminars.
– Skill: Trainees sharpen their skills in Bible study, leadership, evangelism and ministry through hands on training experiences in the
context of church life.
NorthStar provides the tools to be effective in leadership roles both inside and outside the church.
“I have a much better grasp and comfort with the big picture of a lot of areas—the bible, church history, how authority works, spiritual warfare, and the perspective and priorities of our own church movement. In some areas that used to be very confusing, I now have more understanding and the footing to learn more as needed.”
-Ian Dale, Trainee at Church in the Valley
NorthStar is made up of eight 6-week courses over the course of 2 years. Each 6-week course includes:
– 2 Social Events
– 1 Saturday/Sunday Seminar or Experiential Training Event (approx 4-6 hours)
– 2 Training Meetings (approx 2.5 hours each)
– 2 Coaching Meetings (approx 2.5 hours each)
– Homework – Trainees do reading, writing and video assignments
– Hands-on experience in church life – Trainees serve on a ministry team and/or are a
part of group life at their church.
“All of the elements combined are a very comprehensive course. I am truly growing and learning so much.”
-Debra Wallace, Trainee at Pacific Church of Irvine