What is NorthStar?
NorthStar is a two-year training program developed by the 17:6 Network for use by participating churches to train their rising leaders.
Program: A scheduled sequence of component parts that allows the accomplishment of a goal.
Training is a series of activities (including their environments) performed by a “Trainee” who is under coaching that allows him/her to acquire skill or changes in perspective and/or values.
Training differs from other kinds of learning experiences in what it requires.
– A Seminar exposes people to information-it requires attendance and listening.
– A Class helps a person deal with concepts-it requires attendance, listening and engaging in discussion, question asking or problem
– A Workshop helps develop basic skill in implementing concepts practically-it requires attendance, listening, and trying to use the
concepts practically to deal with case studies or to solve real problems.
– Training develops skill or significant change in perspective and/or values. Besides attendance and listening it requires that the
– Follow directions
– Perform the specified activities with a good will and
– Reflect on their performance with a Coach, who gives input into making advances.
– A Training Program is a sequence of events over time in which a participant engages to develop desired skills and/or perspective and