What is NorthStar?
NorthStar is a two-year training program developed by the 17:6 Network for use by participating churches to train their rising leaders.
Program: A scheduled sequence of component parts that allows the accomplishment of a goal.
Training is a series of activities (including their environments) performed by a “Trainee” who is under coaching that allows him/her to acquire skill or changes in perspective and/or values.
Training differs from other kinds of learning experiences in what it requires.
– A Seminar exposes people to information-it requires attendance and listening.
– A Class helps a person deal with concepts-it requires attendance, listening and engaging in discussion, question asking or problem
– A Workshop helps develop basic skill in implementing concepts practically-it requires attendance, listening, and trying to use the
concepts practically to deal with case studies or to solve real problems.
– Training develops skill or significant change in perspective and/or values. Besides attendance and listening it requires that the
– Follow directions
– Perform the specified activities with a good will and
– Reflect on their performance with a Coach, who gives input into making advances.
– A Training Program is a sequence of events over time in which a participant engages to develop desired skills and/or perspective and
Rising Leaders are people who already serve in the church’s ministry and already have pattern of financial giving to the church and who have shown interest in learning more about ministering and leading in ministry.