17:6 Network churches commit to adopt and implement the Mission, Methods, and Values outlined below. As the churches of the 17:6 Network strive toward the same mission, methods and values we become more like-minded and like-hearted, which increases the effectiveness of our partnership and ultimately the expansion of the Kingdom.
To know, love and glorify God and be used by Him to help unchurched people become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ and to help create churches and other ministries, which do the same.
We will accomplish this by providing…
- Leaders who set the pace in living as fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
- A form of church life that is culturally relevant and Biblically driven.
- Persistent evaluation and revision of our forms and methods to be more effective.
- Worship services that express our love to God and provide a “safe” and intelligible environment for both believers and seekers to learn about God.
- Group life in which adults love, encourage, support and help one another and unchurched friends and family to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
- Training opportunities which help participants develop as fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
- Leaders for the development of new churches and ministries which will develop fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
- Other ministries we deem beneficial toward fulfilling our mission.
TO THIS END, SEVERAL VALUES ARE HELD IN HIGH REGARD AMONG US:
Relational Values (Heart Attitudes)
- Put the goals & interests of others above our own. – Phil 2:3-4; John 13;34-35
- Live an honest, open life before others. – Eph 4:25; 1 John 1:7
- Give & receive Scriptural correction. – Heb 10:24-25, 3:13
- Clear up relationships. – Matt 5:23-24
- Participate in the ministry. – 1 Pet 4:10; Eph 4:16
- Support the work financially. – 1 Cor. 16:2; Gal 6:6
- Follow spiritual leadership within Scriptural limits. – Heb 13:17; 1 Pet 5:5-7
Personal & Project Values
- Faith – 2 Cor 5:7
- Humility – Phil 2:5-9
- Teachability – Prov 13:13
- Patience – James 1:2-4
- The Value of People – John 3:16
- Serving – Mark 10:45
- Excellence – 1 Cor 10:31
- Buying Up the Opportunity – Eph 5:15-16
A Godly Team Spirit
- Cohesive: We are loyal and trust each other. – 1 Cor 1:10, 13:7
- Proactive: We have a “Can-Do” attitude. – Phil 4:13
- Sharp: We do sharp things in a sharp way. – 1 Cor 10:31
- Inclusive: Join with us! – Acts 5:14